Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 30 Aug - 3rd Sept. 2021 Welcome to Erfan Mozaffari who will visit the group for one week to work on deterministic Wi-Fi networks.
- Feb. 8, 2021 Julian del Fiore defends his thesis titled Detecting Hidden Broken Pieces of The Internet . Congratulations Julian on you doctoral degree!
- Dec. 31, 2020 Please submit your papers to our special issue Dependable IoT Networking in Sensors journal.
- Dec. 11, 2020 Congratulations Mohamed Amine Falek on your PhD dissertation titled Efficient Route Planning for Dynamic and Multimodal Transportation Networks.
- December 2020 Opodis is organized this year at Strasbourg, by Quentin Bramas. We expect to see you there!
- Oct. 2nd, 2020 Welcome to Rim Megdiche (University of Sfax) who will work during 2 months in our group as a visiting scholar.
- 1st Oct. 2020: Welcome to Farzad Veisi who starts a PhD thesis in the group on SDN-IoT.
- Sept. 2020: welcome to Anissa Lamani who has been recruited as tenured Assistant Professor in our research group
- Sept. 2020: Welcome to Maha Bouaziz who has been recruited as ATER in our research group
- March 6, 2020, François Clad (Cisco Systems) and Thomas Holterbach (ETHZurich) present their recent works: Network Programming — An extensible framework for SRv6 and An Open Platform to Teach How the Internet Practically Works
- We invite applications for the position of assistant professor in Computer Science in our group. More details on our job opportunities page
- February 29, 2020 please submit your papers to our special issue Industrial Internet of Things in the Internet Technology Letters.
- January 2020, the project PHC RT-NET has been accepted to continu our collaboration with Prof. Mohammad Nassiri (Bu-Ali Sina University, Iran).
- November 28, 2019 Rodrigo Teles Hermeto has defended his PhD thesis with verse. Congrats.
- The group organizes a workshop on Wake-Up radio in conjunction with EWSN 2020 at Lyon, France. Further details are available here.
- October 2nd, 2019 We are happy to host Ryo Nakamura from Tokyo University for 2 months. His slides entitled « Containers Do Not Need Network Stacks » are available here.
- October 1st, 2019 Jean-Romain Luttringer joins the group as a PhD student working on segment routing.
- June 20, 2019 J-J. Pansiot, J-R. Luttringer, P. Mérindol and their colleagues from Liège receive the TMA best paper award and the best data set award runner for their work for detecting and revealing tunnels MPLS.
- June 18, 2019 Cristel Pelsser gives an invited talk to the TMA experts summit 2019. Detecting Network Outages using Different Sources of Data
- June 14, 2019 Julien Gamba, PhD student at IMDEA Madrid, presents his work titled "An Analysis of Pre-installed Android Software" to appear in IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy 2020. The paper is available here ici.
- May 30, 2019 Fabrice Théoleyre gives an invited talk at ETS'19 during the special session Dependable Wireless Industrial IoT Networks
- May 20, 2019, we host for one week Fabio D'Andreagiovanni as invited researcher. He will give a talk on "Optimization models and algorithms for managing UAV fleets for city surveillance and 5G coverage".
- April 1, 2019, the group co-organizes the IoT day @ Paris. Please feel free to participate (free registration)
- February 14, 2019 welcome to Renato Juacaba Neto who starts his PhD thesis in the group on nano-autonomous networks.
- February 8, 2019 Thomas Holterbach (PhD student at ETH Zürich, Switzerland) presented his work "Blink: Fast Connectivity Recovery Entirely in the Data Plane" (accepted to USENIX NSDI 2019).
- January 2019: Welcome to Odnan Ref Sanchez for his Post Doc in the team. He will work on the use of machine learning algorithms for BGP anomaly detection.
- January 2019: Welcome to Odnan Ref Sanchez who joins the team for a Post-doctorate.
- December 2018: Welcome to Keiichi Shima who visits our team thanks to the Exploration France ProgramMedia:20181212-Keiichi-Shima.pdf
- November 2018: Welcome to Loïc Miller who starts a PhD thesis in the group
- October 2018: Welcome to Andréas Guillot who starts a PhD thesis in the group
- July 2018: the group has several PhD students and one postdoc position, Please check our job opportunities section.
- 14 July 2018: Congrats to Sahar Ben Yaala who defend her PhD thesis @Sup'Com Tunis
- 3 July 2018 : the group organizes the Industrial Internet of Things day, sponsored by the GDR MACS and RSD.
- February 2018: Welcome to Sebastian Lucas Sampayo who starts a PhD thesis in the group
- December 2017: Welcome to Jérémy Dubrulle and Maximilien Charlier who came in Strasbourg to work with us for the project INDUS4.0
- November 17 2017: Congratulations to Antoine Gallais who is now habilité à diriger des recherches
- October 2017 : The group welcomes a new PhD student: Julian Del Fiore. He will work on securing the BGP's data plane.
- October 2017: The group has open positions for Master Internships starting on January 2018. Please check our job opportunities section.
- October 2017: The group has an open position for PhD Student starting on January 2018. Please check our job opportunities section.
- January 2nd 2017: Welcome to Mohamed Amine Falek who starts a PhD thesis in the group
- Dec 12-21st 2016: The group hosts the team of the Network Laboratory of Aracati (LAR-A), with Prof. Carina T. de Oliveira and Prof. Reinaldo Braga, and their students Johnattan Douglas and Eliezio Neto
- October 1st, 2016: Welcome to Rodrigo Teles who starts a PhD thesis in the group
- July 27-29th, 2016: Hackathon with topic "Centimetric GPS" co-organized with Telecom Physique Strasbourg and Strataggem
- July 4th, 2016: Fabrice Théoleyre received the best-paper award with his co-authors at Adhocnow'16
- April, 1st, 2016: Welcome to Vasileios Kotsiou who starts a PhD thesis entitled Deterministic Performance for Low Power Lossy Networks with 6tisch : Characterization and Prediction
- March 22nd, 2016: The group is delighted to welcome Sahar Ben Yaala (PhD student, SupCom Tunis) who will work for two months in the group.
- March 15th, 2016: FIT IoT-LAB is labelized Infrastructure de Recherche by the french ministry of the Research and Teaching.
- Sept. 28th, 2015: Georgios Papadopoulus defended his PhD thesis, congratulations. Hang in at University of Bristol
- Sept. 29th, 2015: Cosmin Cobarzan defended his PhD thesis, congratulations. Hang in at CGI
- June 12th, 2015: The group is delighted to welcome back again Thomas Holterbach (ETHZurich internship). His talk about boosting convergence time of routers' FIB is available here.
- April 1st, 2015: The group is delighted to welcome Duy Quang Nguyen (Master student, Institut Francophone International Hanoi Vietnam) who will work for four months in the group on multihoming in Internet of Things. M. Nguyen is a scholarship student for IDEX Mobility Program - Master Internship of University of Strasbourg.
- April 1st, 2015: The group is delighted to welcome Sahar Ben Yaala (PhD student, SupCom Tunis) who will work for two months in the group on Body Area Networks.
- March, 12th. 2015: The group is delighted to welcome Inès Hosni (PhD student) who will work for one month in the group on 6TiSCH.
The network research group aims to design new algorithmic and protocol based architectures:
- Internet of Things: smart objects have to interact with the physical world while being battery powered over a large time period (months, years). He have consequently to design efficient algorithms and protocols to define when and how to transmit data, and when to switch off the communication radio;
- Core networks: the routers, smarter and smarter, forward data traffic generated at the Internet's borders. We focus on the topologies, and the algorithms which improve both the diversity and the dynamic of the different paths. We also design routing politics to guarantee an end-to-end quality and reliability.